CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

This calls for an introduction.

I'll be the first to admit, there's a reason I'm called the Queen of Three-Ingredient Recipes. I love making things that are simple but still have a lot of flavor to them. Cooking for me means a few things: creating something yummy, having fun in the kitchen with my Lovie (my husband-to-be as a matter of fact), and having that little bit of control over the food I put in my body.

About a year ago I started the wonderful journey of weight loss. Oh yes, I was familiar with that journey from prior experiences, but this time around there has been no giving up completely after the first stumble. There's no going back. Here's a picture from a year ago. Not the heaviest I've ever been (maybe someday I'll break those out of the vault) but still from when I had started gaining back what I'd lost before.

The last time I gained weight during a serious relationship I was even 20 lbs heavier than this...

About twenty pounds and a year later, I'm still keeping at it. :) Rome wasn't built in a day you know! And I haven't lost my desire to lose or to become a healthier person. What's helped me keep on top of things? I have several motivators, but I can't tell you how much easier it is to lose when you're cooking for yourself! Here we are then, a place to share the easy recipes I've stumbled upon,managed to successfully prepare, and capture pretty photos of!




0 comments:

Post a Comment